Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blog stock exchange
Lester

cool.gif posted on 23-12-2016 at 19:54
Blog stock exchange

The American BLOG for stock exchange investment
Investment in growth stocks or value investing :cool: but no day trading

Rules:
Publish here only your own short articles about stock investment!
Don't write any comments under the articles! Here is no discussion.

A weblog, sometimes written as web log or weblog, is a web site that consists of a series of short articles. These articles can be written by the site owner, or contributed by users. A blog is a diary, journal, daily book or log in internet. But it is O.K., if you or me publish here only one new article of own head in the week.
Lester

[*] posted on 24-12-2016 at 04:05

Edward-Zajac.jpg - 125kB Photo: Edward Zajac, Henderson, Nevada, USA, born 1916

The ''buy and hold'' strategy is not dead

The "buy and hold strategy" is not dead, says the Edward Zajac from Henderson, Nevada, United States. In Great Britain, United States and Sweden is the interest in shares several times stronger than in central Europe. Many Americans and British improve their pension with stock dividends. The Americans deal with shares at early age. Edward Zajac (born 1916) bought shares for the first time in 1937, when he was 21 years old. These were the shares of Petroleum & Resources Corp. He invests rationally and buys only undervalued stocks. At 73 years he earned 2,5 million USD in shares. Converted to euro it is not much. But he can improve it, he is only 94 years old in 2010. His rules are: Invest only in companies with attractive products! Buy only shares, of which the funds and institutions own at least 25%! Don't buy any shares close to their two-year-high! The P/E ratio must be under 16. The dividend return must be over 2% and the dividend must be paid continuously at least 10 years! Don't buy any shares on credit! Avoid the puts, calls, futures and modern banking products! Don't play with anything, where the chance against you is greater than for you! The financial crisis 2008 survived Edward Zajac without losses. He didn't sell anything at a loss. He is ready to hold his shares 5-10 years, because he is only 94 years old (2010).
Lester

[*] posted on 13-1-2017 at 03:37

The Coca Cola stock in Berkshire Hathaway holding
People buy shares only because Warren Buffett has them. About the ratios P/E 25, P/B 6 and P/S 4 people don't care. It suffices them that Warren Buffett has the stock. And this nonsense will continue, because the blogs, TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and books publish no true word about the valuation: "The stock is sporty valued." they say. There must however be: "The stock is overvalued. No longer buy!"
You must always pay attention on the valuation and long-term sales growth! If the Coca Cola stock has P/E 25, P/B 6, P/S 4, it is twice overvalued and you should not buy. If the sales and earnings of Coca Cola and Nestlé the past 12 years increase almost 0% annually, you should not buy.
When Warren Buffett bought the shares the first time in autumn 1988, they had P/E 14.5, P/B 4.8, P/S 1.8, P/C 12.3, ROE 33%, dividend yield 2,87% and the past years the earnings grew on average 17% annually.
:punk: From the stock price of 1988 and the dividend of 2016, Warren Buffett got 2016 the dividend yield of 52,93% and in these 28 years the dividend was growing 10,97% annually. :punk:
Even Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger regret that not have sold in 1998 at P/E 50 the Coca Cola shares. The overvalued stock fell then on 1/3 until 2003.
Mary Ann

[*] posted on 3-2-2017 at 07:53

Stephanie-Mucha.jpg - 51kB Photo: Stephanie Mucha from Buffalo, NY, USA, born 1917

The Polish Warren Buffett
The Polish equivalent of Warren Buffett was 2014 the 97 year old nurse Stephanie Mucha from Buffalo, USA. She made millions with shares on the stock exchange. Stephanie Mucha was the third of six children of German-Polish parents in America. The family was so poor that four girls had to share one bed. She's been saving every penny to invest it in the stock market and created until today the worth of 5.5 million u.s. dollars. This childless millionaire lives modestly in a two-room apartment in a small house across from the University of Buffalo, Niagara, state of New York. Ms. Mucha donated three million dollars on higher education scholarships in favour of Polish immigrants in the United States. Ms. Mucha has the aim to give the school on scholarships to a total of 6 million, before she will die.

Stephanie Mucha tells:
The most important lesson from the stock exchange is the fact that there you can get rich. You must only use your head. In the years of the great depression I have worked as a maid at a house of one doctor. During dinner I listened to what was said. Investments in shares and diamonds have always been the topic of talks. So I realized that the stock change is a way to build wealth. My husband and me first invested together. Since his death I invest myself. When he died in 1985, we had 300.000 in shares. Currently it is 5.5 million. It is extremely important to know that women are capable to care alone for finances.
My family had nothing to do with the stocks. My parents owned a textile shop and all the items were bought on credit. When came the stock market crash, people stopped to shop with us. That is why I, together with other three siblings went to work, so that we do not lose our house. I earned first as a nurse in a hospital for war veterans 2.500 dollars a year. In 1994, before I retired, it was 23.000 dollars a year. I had the feeling that the US economy is growing, it gives me confidence in the stock market. Because if there are still more Americans who eat, drive cars and need medical care, then also lead businesses well.
During the stock market crash, I hold the shares, but I don't feel good. In my years on the stock exchange, I was often uncertain and nervous. But every time I recovered and survived. My husband and I are often arguing about the stock. I wanted to have our money in safety, but he wanted to stay in the stock market. 1972 the stock market collapsed and we had 150.000 dollars in shares. Luckily my husband prevailed and after the collapse the value of our portfolio increased to 240 000 dollars. When the man died, I sold our rings for 2.700 dollars and the money invested in stocks. I also rented one bedroom of my house to the nurse. Also this money I invested into stocks.

My best investment: 1958 was Wilson Greatbatch in our hospital, the inventor of the pacemaker of the heart. When Greatbatch sold his patent in 1961 to Medtronic, we bought 50 shares with a price of 5.11 dollars. Later we bought more shares and those shares grew to a value of 459.000 dollars. Most of the shares I donated to the school, but I still have 300 shares of Medtronic.
My occupation inspired me when investing. People are getting older and are taking more and more medication. That's why I bought 50 shares of Pfizer, 50 from Merck, 50 Johnson & Johnson, 50 Abbott and 50 Glaxo Smith Kline. I also have shares of tobacco companies Philip Morris and Lorillard.
Alone, I don't come on my ideas. In the early 1960's I was in the hospital in the investment club. We met once a month and then gave each of us a 100 dollars in stocks. An Indian doctor was talking about the share of the company Intel. I bought it, then privately. But, how the position grew on the 3.000 dollars, my broker called me and advised to sell. So I sold and I missed the profit of 1.000.000 dollars.
I stick to the rule of the buy-and-hold and I hold stocks for a long time. But if the company does not grow, I sell the shares. For example, I had the shares of bio-supermarket-chain Whole Foods, because I believe in good food. When the price doubled, then I sold. There was too much competition. I have also the shares of Pepsi-Cola and Coca-Cola. From the technology stocks own only Apple.

Now I am so old that I'm afraid of making mistakes. The exchange is today cruel with their extreme movements up and down. I don't own a computer and trade over the phone. When my accountant told me, that his broker earned 36% over the last year, when I myself only 11%, I began to use this broker. Also, I myself recommended to the broker to shares of Bayer for himself. Therefore, he bought them. Now I call him several times a week.
My goal is to do charity in the world. Money brings me closer to that goal. Also, my husband with everything what we don't need, helped to young Polish people in the USA to educate. He grew up as an orphan in Poland once. His dream to become an engineer could not realize and worked as a machinist. Also, I'm helping to other people through scholarships for education. As a child, I was treated in the family for a silly. I had a problem with learning. I can't believe that I became the richest of the six children with great detachment.
Alacant
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-2-2017 at 06:43

Searching with Google for:
discussion forum value investing
we will easily find:

The top 5 value investing forums that will inspire and educate
What is the best forum for value investors?
Top five forums for value investors - intelligent investor
Which are the best forums for value investing in the world?

Soon we will find out on those websites that those discussions are not free. :(
Those forums of discussion are operated from poor millionaires, who need also your 30 dollars, if you wanna read their words in the forum. It is very stupid. Because if these poor millionaires will let you know on their forums, which stocks they bought last week, their shares will grow much better and the poor millionaires can soon sell the shares with profit.

But our forum and discussion is absolutely free of charge. And under the topic ''Various'' you can post some words of advertising and link to your website, no matter what your website wanna sell.

So what is the best forum for value investors?
This one is it :cool: http://board.nr1a.com - intelligent forum for value investing and 100% free of charge.

What is ''value Investing''? - The definition of ''value Investing''
Value investing is an investment strategy, where are selected stocks, which cost less than their intrinsic values. Value investors seek stocks, which the stock exchange has undervalued. You don't need any crazy formula to estimate the intrinsic value of your stock, you need only the relations P/E < 15, P/B < 3.0, P/S < 3.0, dividend yield > 3.0%. And the earnings and revenue of the company must grow in the past years and in the next years. And it is easy, when the company doesn't need to fight with the competition, competing other companies can not harm the company. And one day are the stocks undervalued, the stock price fell to a low valuation, because of a short-term problem, lack of interest or unwarranted fear.
The father of value investing is Benjamin Graham (May 9, 1894 – September 21, 1976)

Alacant
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-2-2017 at 06:44

To sell shares after a month or to sell the shares never

When you buy the shares, which are not ideal to hold 50 years, or if the shares are not your friends and they are foreign to you, you are worried about the price decline 30%, it is not surprising that you sell the shares after a few weeks.

But there are people, who fall in love with shares and marry with them, never want to be divorced and remain with those shares until their death. Only these people can later brag that they are with each stock 300% to 1.000% in green and have annual revenue of each dividend 15% to 50% of that capital, which 30 years ago they paid for the shares.
Written by L.K.
Mary Ann

[*] posted on 16-3-2017 at 09:08

Shares for children
If I would be poor and my kid will want to own shares and receive dividends, I would open for him an account, where is the account for free and for children allowed. I would buy for him: 1 share of Royal Dutch Shell (25,00 USD), 1 share BHP Billiton (15,90 USD), 1 share Telefonica (10,90 USD), 2 shares Iberdrola (2 x 6,70 USD), 2 shares Banco Santander (2 x 5,90 USD). All together, it costs only 78 dollars and some dollars for the 5 buy orders. If these stocks are not available on the American stock exchange, I would not buy them as the certificate ADR on NYSE, I would buy them as the original shares on the German stock exchange Xetra.
The child should have the password for a free account, only to watch there how the shares are growing, where the shares are not bought. And the child should not have the password for the account, where the shares will be bought and stored, so that it cannot sell the shares for 5-10 years.
Certainly it is disadvantageous to have from each shares just one piece or two, but after a few years, when the child will be adult and receive a salary, then it can buy more pieces from each one share. And also find and buy shares from 15 other companies. But today cost the shares AT&T, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, United Technologies, Wells Fargo and Cisco Systems more than 32 USD. The shares JNJ, PG and PFE are also with P/E, P/B or P/S too expensive. And so I came to the 5 cheap shares from Europe.
Alacant
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-3-2017 at 08:59

Whether to buy today shares, ETF or fund, if today are expensive or cheap

Here it is necessary to designate a single share and how long you want to hold it, then we determine whether it is cheap or expensive today.
You can never say that it is possible to buy or sell shares, ETF or fund generally - when someone started with stocks a week ago. But the certainty is, who started now with shares, should not hold the ETF or fund more than a year. After the half year to one year everyone should sell all ETFs and funds and choose some nice shares, if they are cheap with P/E, P/B and P/S, begin to rejoice every month from some hundred dollars of dividends, no matter if the shares are in red or green. These dividends each month the ETF and fund will not give you, and second, with an ETF or fund an investor has money in 3 beautiful and 27 ugly shares. Therefore is 100x better, to choose from the 30 stocks in the Dow Jones or DAX only 3-6 shares and never more buy the ETF on all 30 shares in the index. And the most foolish thing is, to have the ETF on 500 stocks from the U.S. or 500 shares from the whole world.
You can never say that shares are generally expensive or cheap. It is necessary to designate a single share, in order to decide, whether it is cheap or expensive.

Thus, if someone wants to buy today a share and sell it after 1 year to 3 years with profit, he should buy today the cheap shares Volkswagen, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), The Allstate Corp. (ALL), US Gypsum (USG), HeidelbergCement, Aurubis, Leoni, Salzgitter, BP PLC, Royal Dutch Shell, Ahold Delhaize, Panasonic.
If someone wants to keep the shares until death and receive more dividends than the retirement pension, he should buy today the cheap shares BMW, BASF, Munich Re, AT&T, United Technologies, Wells Fargo, Cisco Systems, Banco Bilbao, Banco Santander, Iberdrola, Telefonica SA, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Dutch Shell A, Tesco, Sanofi, BHP Billiton.
A day trader can quickly speculate today on a decline of the extremely overpriced stock Snap, but it can illogically grow and he will lose money. Written by L.K.

Go To Top