Discussion forum stock exchange
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shares forever for dividends
Mary Ann

info.gif posted on 8-9-2017 at 01:51
Shares forever for dividends

Forever, only for dividends, I want to hold some shares from the USA and some shares from western Europe.
Together 16 to 20 various titles.
It must be old and big companies with market capitalization over 30 billion dollars.
The revenue, earnings and dividends must grow in average about 10% yearly in the past 12 years. Or in the years 1995-2007 by the banks = before the financial crisis.
I don't buy Coca Cola nor Nestlé because their revenues don't grow enough.
I don't buy Apple because his revenue grows too much.
Alacant
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 03:46

To sell shares after a month or never
When you buy the shares, which are not ideal to hold 50 years, or if the shares are not your friends and they are foreign to you, you are worried about the price decline 30%, it is not surprising that you sell the shares after a few weeks.
But there are people, who fall in love with shares and marry with them, never want to be divorced and remain with those shares until their death. Only these people can later brag that they are with each stock 300% to 1.000% in green and have annual revenue of each dividend 15% to 50% of that capital, which 30 years ago they paid for the shares.
Alacant
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 00:50

You're for a strong statutory pension?
I prefer the statutory pension so low as possible and the dividends so high as possible. Because your kids get nothing from your pension, but they will receive your dividends. So if a little official gets pension 2.000 dollars monthly, the wise investor should get a 500 dollars pension and 1.500 dollar dividends monthly, when he is 65 years old and each year more dividends.
Ladis

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 02:06

I will hold always 100% of my assets in stocks. Only if I should have 2 million euros, I could have half without shares. I need some hundred euros dividends monthly. And twice so much as now. I've shortened my poorly paid work 2 years before retirement to 25 hours/week and pay rent 695 euros for my flat. And if a few years later the shares will be extremely expensive (average P/E ratio in the DAX and Dow Jones can reach 30), then the great two-year crash of the stock market can come. If the value of my portfolio in the crash will fall on a 1/2 or 1/3, it doesn't matter to me, because I will need some hundred euros dividends monthly in the crash too. And a few years later, my portfolio will be back again on the summit.

Test the best from east to west http://nr1a.com/stocks Stocks and exchange, the only book you need
Ladis

[*] posted on 14-9-2017 at 07:16

Anyone who wants to keep shares for dividends forever, should distribute his money regularly 1:1:1:1:1 to 10-20 different shares from 10 different industries. Of all car stocks in the world, only the BMW stock is reasonable. You should buy right on the first day, when the stock no longer falls, but starts to rise. If the stock falls again the next day after the purchase, you should not notice. How in green or in red are your shares, you should only see on the New Year's Eve, or if you want to buy a share again and calculate the new average purchase price. And in the next few years you should still buy all the shares and that so long, until you retire. But if you want to sell the shares with profit after 3 months to 3 years, you should buy the car stock with the lowest PEG (= P/E/earnings growth). And the lowest PEG ratio certainly has today the stock of Volkswagen. 50 years and forever you should only hold BMW. Daimler you should not hold 50 years, the stock runs 50 years with large teeth horizontally.

Test the best from east to west http://nr1a.com/stocks Stocks and exchange, the only book you need
Lester
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 15-9-2017 at 03:28

Stocks forever American : European = 10 : 10
Dividend Aristocrats are American stocks which have paid INCREASING DIVIDENDS for at least 25 years.
Dividend Kings are American stocks which have paid INCREASING DIVIDENDS for at least 50 years.
Some of them are small companies. Some of the names we never heard. Some of the companies increase dividends only for the reason to get into the list. And we need also shares from western Europe. American shares : European shares = 10 : 10.
All in the year 2017 existing 22 dividend kings are also listed between the 50 existing dividend aristocrats. And from all the Kings and Aristocrats we buy perhaps only 3 companies, if the stocks are not too expensive with P/E, P/B and P/S.
If you want to have as pensioner more money from dividends than from pension, your 20-shares-portfolio should include 10 shares from the USA and 10 from western Europe, no matter if you are living in Chicago or in Munich. So we control only companies with market capitalization over 30 billion USD. And we want to have more than 7% annually growing sales, earnings and dividends, the past 12 years or 1995-2007. We don't need only growing dividends! And we buy only reasonable valuated shares. Never more Coca Cola, never Nestlé! Because the sales and earnings of Coca Cola or Nestlé are not enough growing and the ratios P/E, P/B and P/S are too high.
Lester
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 18-10-2017 at 02:45

You can buy, what ever you want. But I have dividends from AT&T, Cisco Systems, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, United Technologies, Wells Fargo, BASF, BMW, Munich Re, Banco Santander, Iberdrola, Telefonica, BHP, HSBC, Royal Dutch Shell, Sanofi.
Lester
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 23-10-2017 at 04:16

Only a trader or speculator like Warren Buffett can sell the stocks Johnson & Johnson or Procter & Gamble. But the wise investor will hold JNJ and PG stocks forever only for their dividends.
Lester
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 24-10-2017 at 09:16

No matter if you have 10.000 or 100.000 USD. Buy 10 or 20 blue chip stocks with P/E < 15, P/B < 3, P/S < 3 and dividend yield > 3%! Only companies with long time growing earnings and dividends! Most of these companies are in the indices Dow Jones, DAX, Eurostoxx50, Stoxx50 and don't forget to watch also AT&T and Wells Fargo which could be later also in Dow Jones!

Go To Top